YOMA open course weekend February
Open course for strings, online and IRL. For students and teachers.
The course is given both online and on site in Vänersborg and welcomes you (about 10-18 years old) who play string instruments and have played for a few years. You can choose if you want to participate for one lesson, for one day or two days. If you are an instrumental teacher, you are welcome to accompany your own students or to attend the course for yourself.
The course is run in parallel with courses in the Öppna programmet and the Talangprogrammet. If you participate IRL, you will be able to play together with these course participants with a part that suits your level of difficulty. You can also receive coaching from one of the older talents and visit their lessons and concerts.
We have extensive experience in online teaching and will help you with the technology if you want to participate online. If you participate online, you can apart from your lesson, experience other’s lessons and the concert on the Sunday.
All YOMA courses are free of charge. If you play the oboe, bassoon, French horn, viola or double bass and participate on site in Vänersborg, we even pay for the journey plus accommodation and food for one day.
Info and registration
If you want to participate on site, we can offer accommodation and breakfast for 400 SEK/night in a shared room or 500 SEK in a single room. In general, all participants, except adults, are placed in shared rooms. We also offer lunch and dinner for 110 SEK/meal. If you wish to participate on site, we will send you a link to book and pay for meals and accommodation.
The application is closed. Your enrolment is valid only when you have sent the scores for your individual lessons as an attached pdf file (no link) in an email to email@example.com.
Instructors at the course, more coming
- Alf Richard Kraggerud, violin (Barratt-Due Musikkinstitutt, Oslo)
- Andreas Patrik Hansson, orkesterledning och dirigering (Nationellt centrum för musiktalanger)
- Asuka Nakamura, piano och instudering (frilans)
- Johannes Lörstad, violin (Kungliga Filharmonikerna, Stockholm)
- Kristoffer Dolatko, violin (Nationellt talangcentrum i Aarhus, Danmark)
- Lars-Inge Bjärlestam, cello (Musikhögskolan Ingesund)
- Linn Elvkull, viola (tidigare Svenska Kammarorkestern, Örebro)
- Maciej Rakowski, violin (Royal College of Music, London)
- Terje Skomedal, violin (Göteborgs Symfoniker)
- NN, cello